A concise daily devotional developed to
encourage reading and understanding of God's Word.


"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better." Ephesians 1:17 (NIV)

*In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C., Section 107, any copyrighted images in these messages are distributed under The Fair Use Act without profit or payment to those who have expressed an interest in receiving the information and are for non-profit research and are for non-profit research and education. No copyright infringement intended.


Monday, June 16, 2014

THE INTERNAL BATTLE

 
 
Romans 7:22,23
 
"For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members." ESV 
 
Are we consciously aware of the conflict inside of us? This conflict is between the desire to do those things that are good and pleasing to the Lord and the desire to do those things that are good and pleasing to ourselves. As Christians, we have put to death our old nature and it's desires, but temptation and spiritual weaknesses cause that old nature to creep back into our lives. Walking close to our Lord, filled with His Spirit, we can be conquerors of sin and powerful to live our lives pleasing to the Lord.
 
Heavenly Father, forgive us for listening to our old fleshly natures and displeasing You. We pray for discernment and courage to continually put to death our old natures and to live by the new nature You gave us when we put our faith in You. In the name of Jesus we pray, Amen.
 
©2008-2014

Daily Grace
Bobbi Craigmyle, Psy.D., BCPCC
 
 
No Copyright Infringement Intended
Personal Use Only


1 comment:

Patty Sumner said...

The older I get the more aware it is to me....We live in a very desensitised world. The things of God do not seem important...music, tv, internet....not very interested in what pleases God.. Sin has become so widely accepted even by many churches today.. My heart is troubled these days at the ease of accepting sin in our world.. Lord, help us to please you in all I do.. great post.. Blessings!

type='©2008-2014 Daily Grace Bobbi Craigmyle, Psy.D., BCPCC http://insidetheshrink-dailygrace.blogspot.com/ No Copyright Infringement Intended Personal Use Only,