A concise daily devotional developed to
encourage reading and understanding of God's Word.


"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better." Ephesians 1:17 (NIV)

*In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C., Section 107, any copyrighted images in these messages are distributed under The Fair Use Act without profit or payment to those who have expressed an interest in receiving the information and are for non-profit research and are for non-profit research and education. No copyright infringement intended.


Friday, December 28, 2012

SHARING AND PRAYING

 
 
James 5:16
 
"Therefore, confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." NIV
 
"Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." KJV


When we admit our faults and shortcomings to each other, it clears our minds and strengthens us to trust in the Lord for grace to be more like Him. Praying for one another promotes Godly love, empathy, and accountability. Even more, it promotes healing as God always responds to the powerful and earnest prayers of His righteous ones.


Heavenly Father, we do not do a very good job of admitting our sins to ourselves, much less to confess them to our brothers and sisters in Christ. Stir our hearts to make us aware of the sin in our lives and give us courage to share with those who will pray earnestly with us so that we may be healed of the damage of sin in our lives. We pray in the name of Jesus, Amen.




       
©2012
Daily Grace


Bobbi Craigmyle, Psy.D., BCPCC
No Copyright Infringement Intended
Personal Use Only

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

I just have to comment here. First of all... my name is Bobbi Jo as well. Huh! Small world. Secondly... I have just published a book that I feel can be an inspiration as well as a warning to those contemplating divorce. God has given me a message to share, but first I had to humble myself, admit my mistakes/sins, and allow Him to guide me in sharing my experience. My motives for the Memoir were all wrong, but God gave me a right motive and I can honestly say I am at peace with this book as it is. It is funny, sad, and informative. Please check it out on Amazon or on my blog. I have learned a lot and I have been humbled far more than I had ever wanted to be :-) This is a great blog.. sorry for the soapbox.

type='©2008-2014 Daily Grace Bobbi Craigmyle, Psy.D., BCPCC http://insidetheshrink-dailygrace.blogspot.com/ No Copyright Infringement Intended Personal Use Only,