A concise daily devotional developed to
encourage reading and understanding of God's Word.


"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better." Ephesians 1:17 (NIV)

*In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C., Section 107, any copyrighted images in these messages are distributed under The Fair Use Act without profit or payment to those who have expressed an interest in receiving the information and are for non-profit research and are for non-profit research and education. No copyright infringement intended.


Thursday, October 13, 2011

WE WORK FOR GOD NOT FOR MAN

Colossians 3:23,24


"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward." NIV

"And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ." KJV

Current statistics report that 90+% of employed people do not like their jobs. Add to that, all the people who are dissatisfied with the work they do every day. We may have no control over what our daily responsibilities are but we do have control over our attitude and response to them. If we keep in mind that we are not working for man or company, but for the Lord, we will find our work much more enjoyable and even a blessing for us. Why would we want to view our work in any other way?

Heavenly Father, forgive us for having bad attitudes about our work. We have sinned because we look at man and the things going on around us instead of acknowledging it is You for whom we work. Give us hearts of gladness and joy with our work no matter what it might be. We ask in Jesus' name, Amen.


©2011
Daily Grace

Bobbi Craigmyle, Psy.D., BCPCC

No Copyright Infringement Intended
Personal Use Only

1 comment:

Judy said...

Hi Bobbi,

Nice to meet you! Thank you so much to following my devotional writing blog. Your devotional about how we should view our work spoke volumes to me. I had this verse pinned on my computer for about 5 years before switching jobs. I just haven't gotten around to pinning it up on my new computer at my new job.

Before the Lord blessed me with the job I have now, I was absolutely miserable in my former position. No matter how much I prayed and read the word and this verse, I often had a bad attitude. I put my best foot forward while working but it was tough.

Now I'm doing what I had prayed for for about 2 years. I'm an editor in chief of a magazine, and I'm loving it. I also have a photography blog. I've been unable to keep up with my blogs as often as I'd like because I'm so much more busy now. But hopefully I'll be able to get back to it more often. Well, speak with you again soon.

Blessings,
Judy

type='©2008-2014 Daily Grace Bobbi Craigmyle, Psy.D., BCPCC http://insidetheshrink-dailygrace.blogspot.com/ No Copyright Infringement Intended Personal Use Only,