A concise daily devotional developed to
encourage reading and understanding of God's Word.


"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better." Ephesians 1:17 (NIV)

*In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C., Section 107, any copyrighted images in these messages are distributed under The Fair Use Act without profit or payment to those who have expressed an interest in receiving the information and are for non-profit research and are for non-profit research and education. No copyright infringement intended.


Saturday, October 15, 2011

CHRISTIANITY IS A VERB

 
Mark 1:17


"Come follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." NIV


"And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men." KJV


Being born again is not a single act involving a decision that Christ is who He said He was. Oh, yes that it definitely part of it. But there is no much more than many individuals fail to experience because they stop there. Being born of the Spirit is an active thing. Once we have had an encounter with our Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ, we will want to live lives before others and speak words of truth that will draw others to Him as we were drawn. We will want to pray and meditate on the goodness of God. Our daily habits will change to include reading and study of God's word. Most of all, we will be witnesses to the wonderful saving grace of God.


Heavenly Father, please forgive us for our laziness and complacency as Christians. Give us the Spiritual energy we had in the beginning to be active in our daily walk and witness to others. We desire to bring others to You Lord as You have told us You would make us fishers of men. In Jesus' name, Amen.


           
©2011
Daily Grace
Bobbi Craigmyle, Psy.D., BCPCC
No Copyright Infringement Intended
Personal Use Only

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Woooooooooooooo!!! Yes...repentance is a moment by moment action. We are to work out our salvation daily with fear and trembling. Beautiful! Beautiful! I don't know who placed the 'sleeping pill' of "say this prayer" and that's all you have to do...I use to live that way; until I came to that place of wanting more...and every want didn't fill the void of the desperate cry of my heart...and that was for my God who formed me and knew me BEFORE I was even formed in my mother's womb. He knew my spirit before I was even a forethought to the earth.
You are lovely,
Teresa

type='©2008-2014 Daily Grace Bobbi Craigmyle, Psy.D., BCPCC http://insidetheshrink-dailygrace.blogspot.com/ No Copyright Infringement Intended Personal Use Only,