A concise daily devotional developed to
encourage reading and understanding of God's Word.


"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better." Ephesians 1:17 (NIV)

*In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C., Section 107, any copyrighted images in these messages are distributed under The Fair Use Act without profit or payment to those who have expressed an interest in receiving the information and are for non-profit research and are for non-profit research and education. No copyright infringement intended.


Sunday, September 4, 2011

FOR THAT I AM THANKFUL

Luke 18:10-14
v.11
"The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men--robbers, evildoers, adulterers--or even like this tax collector.'" NIV


"The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican." KJV

Thank You, Lord, for letting me rise above the evil desires of evil men. Wait! I have not risen above evil deeds. I am fully capable of any sin, at any time or place. Thank You, Lord, for removing from me the desire to sin. Oh, wait! I find that I still have within me the full ability to be tempted with subtle desires of this world. Thank You, Lord, for the presence of Your Holy Spirit, who provides me with shelter and strength to overcome any evil and allows me to stay nestled in the palm of Your hand. Yes, Lord, for that I am thankful.
Heavenly Father, forgive me when I feel that I am more righteous than others or that I am above committing sin. Help me to stay sensitive to Your Holy Spirit who gives me Your wisdom and strength to stay on the narrow path. It is only by Your grace that I can say "no" to sin. In Jesus' name, Amen.






©2011
Daily Grace

Bobbi Craigmyle, Psy.D., BCPCC



No Copyright Infringement Intended
Personal Use Only

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Very good. How strong is the tendency to think highly of ourselves. It is only through Jesus Christ that we are saved. Humility is a virtue to be desired.

Charlotte said...

I love this. I can certainly relate.
Blessings,
Charlotte

type='©2008-2014 Daily Grace Bobbi Craigmyle, Psy.D., BCPCC http://insidetheshrink-dailygrace.blogspot.com/ No Copyright Infringement Intended Personal Use Only,