A concise daily devotional developed to
encourage reading and understanding of God's Word.


"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better." Ephesians 1:17 (NIV)

*In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C., Section 107, any copyrighted images in these messages are distributed under The Fair Use Act without profit or payment to those who have expressed an interest in receiving the information and are for non-profit research and are for non-profit research and education. No copyright infringement intended.


Sunday, March 27, 2011

SHALLOW FAITH


Isaiah 57: 11b


". . . .Is it not because I have long been silent that you do not fear me?" NIV


". . . .have not I held my peace even of old, and thou fearest me not? KJV


Haven't we all experienced those desert times when we feel God has left us to fend for ourselves? Those times are severe tests of faith for even the most mature committed Christians. It's at these times some begin to weaken in their faith and begin putting their trust in friends, money, or their own ideas of how to live. Any of these prove that we do not fear or trust the God who tells us He will never leave us nor forsake us. It is easy to maintain our faith when we are blessed with His presence and manifestations. It is difficult to walk along day after day with no sign or inkling from Him and to not fall away.


Heavenly Father, you know we are all like sheep. Most of us have not grasped true faith in our hearts, but we have a shallow faith that depends on external occurrences that prove you are with us. Forgive us for not keeping our faith strong within our hearts. Help us to read your word and stay in daily communion with you, whether we can sense your presence or not. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.


©2011

Daily Grace

Bobbi Craigmyle, Psy.D.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I call these "faith-testing" times.
Only to be reminded HE never moved, it was usally I who has to return. Thanks for sharing such wonderful thoughts and words from our Lord.

MTJ said...

Hi Bobbi,

I agree with you, whatever I face in life isn't predicated upon my ability to feel God's presence; it's in those times that I must trust Him with my life.

Thank you for pointing out this truth.

Blessings and peace.

MTJ

Vintagesouthernlife said...

We all have experienced those "desert times."Our society talks so much about "feelings." We need to remember to rely on His words instead. I love your visual in this post.
Blessings,
Annette

type='©2008-2014 Daily Grace Bobbi Craigmyle, Psy.D., BCPCC http://insidetheshrink-dailygrace.blogspot.com/ No Copyright Infringement Intended Personal Use Only,