A concise daily devotional developed to
encourage reading and understanding of God's Word.


"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better." Ephesians 1:17 (NIV)

*In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C., Section 107, any copyrighted images in these messages are distributed under The Fair Use Act without profit or payment to those who have expressed an interest in receiving the information and are for non-profit research and are for non-profit research and education. No copyright infringement intended.


Tuesday, February 22, 2011

WITH CONFIDENCE


Hebrews 4:16


"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." NIV


"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." KJV


Without confidence: God, why are you not doing something? How can You let this continue? This is more than I can bear. Why me, Lord? Don't You hear me, Lord? How long will You let me suffer? Lord why don't you rescue me?


With Confidence: Lord, You have laid out Your plan. No matter what comes my way, Lord, I know You are in control. Lord, You will take care of all my needs. Lord, I will wait for You with a joyful heart because You count me worthy to be Your child. All things will be accomplished according to Your will.


Heavenly Father, forgive us when we come before you without confidence. It only shows that we are focused on our own selfish agendas. Help us to always come into Your presence with confidence that You are the all knowing, all powerful, ever present God. In Jesus' name, Amen


      
©2010

Daily Grace
Bobbi Craigmyle, Psy.D.

2 comments:

Clint said...

What great and timeless scripture, commentary and prayer. Thanks, Dr Bobbi.

IMPACT with prayer said...

Amen! God Bless :o)

type='©2008-2014 Daily Grace Bobbi Craigmyle, Psy.D., BCPCC http://insidetheshrink-dailygrace.blogspot.com/ No Copyright Infringement Intended Personal Use Only,