A concise daily devotional developed to
encourage reading and understanding of God's Word.


"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better." Ephesians 1:17 (NIV)

*In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C., Section 107, any copyrighted images in these messages are distributed under The Fair Use Act without profit or payment to those who have expressed an interest in receiving the information and are for non-profit research and are for non-profit research and education. No copyright infringement intended.


Saturday, July 24, 2010

NARROW GATE WIDE ROAD


My human nature draws me to the wide road where it is
easier, more popular--where it's wide enough to allow me
to be spiritually comfortable. It gives me space to believe
what seems right to me and decide for myself where I want
God to be in my life, if at all. With God's Nature in me, I chase
after the narrow road where it's lonely, difficult, and costly.
Very few are attracted to this road and even fewer choose to
seek it, even though it is the Way, the only Way to eternal
life with God.


Heavenly Father, we have travelled on the wide road and it is
easy. But this road leads to death. We thank you and praise
you that you provided the way for us to become new creatures
with your nature so that we can travel the narrow road, the
difficult road, that leads us to eternal life with you. In Jesus'
name.


Read Matthew 7:13,14


"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and
broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter
through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that
leads to life, and only a few find it." (NIV)


"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and
broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many
there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate,
and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few
there be that find it." (KJV)


     
©2010

6 comments:

Joey said...

Very few do find it. I pray that we can lead someone to that road...

Thanks be to God.

RCUBEs said...

What a great pic that went well with your post. May many more find that narrow road...God bless.

Anonymous said...

Where did you get that picture? That's pretty awesome. I'd love to know who the artist is.

John

INSIDE THE SHRINK said...

John, I get all my pictures from the world wide web. I use the disclaimer to protect myself against copyright infringement and I do not use the pictures for personal gain or profit. I have no idea who did this artwork, there was no attribution with the picture. God bless, Bobbi

Anonymous said...

I've had a vision before that I'm in a jubilant crowd headed towards Heaven's gates and I struggled and struggled to get out of the flow and finally stumbled out and with a few others and found the narrow entrance. It's so easy to get comfortable and very difficult to continually serve and not find ourselves sleeping, for God said in Isiah 31:25 "I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint.”

Anonymous said...

I meant Jeremiah 31:25!

type='©2008-2014 Daily Grace Bobbi Craigmyle, Psy.D., BCPCC http://insidetheshrink-dailygrace.blogspot.com/ No Copyright Infringement Intended Personal Use Only,