A concise daily devotional developed to
encourage reading and understanding of God's Word.


"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better." Ephesians 1:17 (NIV)

*In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C., Section 107, any copyrighted images in these messages are distributed under The Fair Use Act without profit or payment to those who have expressed an interest in receiving the information and are for non-profit research and are for non-profit research and education. No copyright infringement intended.


Monday, July 12, 2010

THE INTERNAL CONFLICT


Be aware that there is a conflict within us. This conflict is
between the desire to do those things that are good and
pleasing to our Lord and the desire to do those things that
are pleasing and satisfying to us, but are displeasing to our
Lord. With the help of the Holy Spirit, we can exercise the
power of God within us to love and do what is good and
right while overthrowing the love of evil.


Read Romans 7:22,23


"For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see
another law at work in the members of my body, waging
war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner
of the law of sin at work within my members." (NIV)


"For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
But I see another law in my members, warring against
the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the
law of sin which is in my members." (KJV)


     
©2010

3 comments:

kathy taylor said...

I love Romans Seven, how Paul defines the human spirit so succinctly. I'm so glad he followed it up with Romans Eight, no condemnation for those of us who are in Christ. It's great to be loved by the One.

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

Love the picture of the little girl...God's blessings too you. Lloyd

Peter Stone said...

That inner struggle that we all know so well. Perfect pic to illustrate the point.

One thing that has encouraged me greatly is remembering that through His grace, Jesus always us the strength to resist every temptation, and to do what is right.

God bless :)
Peter

type='©2008-2014 Daily Grace Bobbi Craigmyle, Psy.D., BCPCC http://insidetheshrink-dailygrace.blogspot.com/ No Copyright Infringement Intended Personal Use Only,