A concise daily devotional developed to
encourage reading and understanding of God's Word.


"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better." Ephesians 1:17 (NIV)

*In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C., Section 107, any copyrighted images in these messages are distributed under The Fair Use Act without profit or payment to those who have expressed an interest in receiving the information and are for non-profit research and are for non-profit research and education. No copyright infringement intended.


Sunday, June 27, 2010

SUFFICIENT GRACE


How often are our prayers focused on pleading with the Lord
to take away a trial or tribulation? When our faith is strong,
we may thank the Lord for hearing our prayer and ask for
strength to wait for the answer. At times of weaker faith,
we might ask God why He isn't answering our prayer and
let Him know we don't know how much longer we can carry
on with this burden. No matter what our problem is, the
answer to our prayers is in the Word. His grace is sufficient.
In the midst of our problem, the power of the Lord will burst
through us when we praise Him and give Him honor for who
He is.


Heavenly Father, we ask for Your forgiveness when we fail
to give You honor and glory because we are too focused on
our problems. We acknowledge that Your grace is all
sufficient and we pray that Your power will show through
our lives in spite of our trials and tribulations. In Jesus' name.


Read 2 Corinthians 12:9


"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my
power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast
all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's
power may rest on me." (NIV)


"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my
strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore
will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ
may rest upon me." (KJV)


     
©2010

4 comments:

Karen said...

May we be perfectly weak when it comes to saying YES to Jesus! Thank you for a wonderful post. Have a blessed Sunday.

A Busy Single Mom said...

So true! Thank you!

Ruth said...

Amen to the beautiful prayer!
Thanks so much for the beautiful verses... such an inspiring post.

Thanks for visiting me!!
~Ruth

Victor S E Moubarak said...

"In the midst of our problem, the power of the Lord will burst
through us when we praise Him and give Him honor for who He is."

How true. No matter how bad our situation we should Praise Him always for being in control of what happens. When we Praise Him, somehow, we open a channel for God to turn a bad situation into good, if it is His will, for us and others affected by the event. I have seen it happen often.

God bless.

type='©2008-2014 Daily Grace Bobbi Craigmyle, Psy.D., BCPCC http://insidetheshrink-dailygrace.blogspot.com/ No Copyright Infringement Intended Personal Use Only,